Your new company
Our Client is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, The Company delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Leads or performs audit related activities and works as a team member on audit assignments. Leads risk-focused fieldwork, in accordance with Internal Audit policies, methodologies, and standards in order to identify meaningful issues, risks and other exposures in the area of the company being audited. Draws on extensive experience and/or specialist skills (e.g. technology, advanced operational knowledge, modelling, or experience, etc.) to plan and deliver audits. Specialists (modelers, IT Audit, programming, Professional Practices, etc.) may have different specific requirements but all roles involve management and problem solving with little day-to-day oversight. Leads or performs audit related activities, manages others, and works as a team member on audit assignments, as required.
- Responsible for ensuring testing (or other tasks as applicable to a specialty) is adequately thorough and accurate to allow an evaluation of the adherence to company policies and procedures, audit methodologies, and all applicable regulations.
- Tests financial, operational and other processes as per Audit plans and methodologies. Demonstrates understanding of businesses and processes through flowcharting, work papers, analysis, issue identification and discussions with project leaders and auditees on projects of varying complexity. If the role requires a specialism, the individual will work on projects of greater complexity that involve significant understanding of the regulatory regimes, business models and processes for each assignment. Leverages advanced business knowledge or experience in order to practice strategic or systemic results. Able to query business clients and colleagues in Audit to understand the underlying processes and procedures necessary to evaluate the control risks. Performs research independently and has adequate knowledge of statistical sampling and risk analysis to perform research with technical accuracy. Engages in Continuous Monitoring activities.
- Serves as an internal resource capable of a wide range of Audit issue and processes. Has built a deep understanding of core concepts in data analytics, relevant technology, the regulatory environment, the financial services industry, project management and business processes and can integrate these concepts into audit processes and leverage them to solve difficult problems.
- Develops relationships with the Audit Project Leader and/or audit management, other Audit associates, and clients. Able to clearly explain the audit process to clients (if appropriate), as well as any findings or results. Understands the sensitive nature of confidential information and uses it appropriately. Elevates potential audit issues to the AIC as soon as they are identified. Has demonstrated ability to explain technical/complex issues to non-technical audiences and is gaining skill in persuading and influencing others to adopt a new point of view.
- Applies advanced analytical problem-solving skills and leads others in solving complex issues and identifying innovative solutions. Finds effective solutions to problems involving specialism. In such cases, contributes technical or specialized skills sets or business knowledge not readily available elsewhere in the department to solve audit issues. Identifies inconsistencies with the control environment, regulatory requirements and best practices and initiates the development of a structure or solution to address the issue(s). Identifies opportunities for the use of automation and actively takes part in advancing recommendations for software support requests.
What you'll get in return
- Minimum 2-5 years of internal audit/consultancy in Financial Services preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant critical thinking specialty such as MIS, DIS, Computer Science, Mathematics preferred.
- Additional core skill requirements include understanding of the applied and interpretation of analytics results for Audit, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Experience of EU Regulatory Environment including Outsourcing / Mifid & Mifid 2 are preferred.
What you need to do now
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
Mandatory legal footer to be added at the bottom of job description
Hays Poland sp. z o.o. is an employment agency registered in a registry kept by Marshal of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship under the number 361. #1174215